We rely on a different lawful basis for collecting and using personal data in different situations.
Where you make enquiries with us before you become a customer, we need to collect personal information about you so that we can take steps to enter into a contract with you. Once you have become a customer, we need to collect and use personal information to provide services to you and to claim our right to be paid in return for our services under our standard terms of business/contract with you. This includes collecting and using your personal information to:
- enable us to follow up on enquiries made by you in relation to our services in accordance with industry guidelines and to give you our quote;
- prepare an agreement with you;
- contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for or to provide information you have requested;
- deal with payment for our services;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you; and
- resolve disputes or collect overdue payments.
If you apply for a job with us, we will collect and use personal information to process your application and check references. If you take a job with us, we will collect and use your personal information to enter into an employment contract with you and to administer the employment relationship, including making payments to you, accounting for tax, ensuring safe working practices, monitoring and managing staff access to systems and facilities, monitoring absences and performance and conducting assessments.
We collect and use personal information from our customers and staff to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we will take copies of documents that identify you as eligible to live and work in the UK.
Legitimate business interests
Our priority is to make sure we give a high quality and secure service to customers and to follow up effectively on enquiries even though we accept that not all enquiries will lead to a business relationship or contract. We collect personal information to:
- follow up on enquiries in accordance with industry guidelines and provide quotes for our services;
- conduct research and analyse website visitor behaviour patterns;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- improve our services;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- prevent offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content being sent to or posted on our websites or to stop any other form of disruptive behaviour.